Transcriptions Disclaimer ...
Thank you for checking out my video transcriptions. If you are interested in the pdfs of these transcriptions please keep reading :
1. I transcribe and learn tunes from records. I do not necessarily write down everything that I transcribe. Most of the time I end up writing them down when I am teaching a transcription to a student of mine, so that it is easier for him/ her to keep track of the music and learn at his own pace. Therefore there is a chance I upload a video that does not have a transcription pdf.
2. Also, I hope my handwriting is not too hard to read. I may start to use a notation software for future transcriptions if this page becomes a thing :)
3. I have tried to make these transcriptions as accurate as I could, but some can be tricky to notate accurately (rubato passages for instance)... which is why I recommend to use those files as a guide/ help, and refer to the original recording as much as possible. This material is simply meant to add a visual aspect to an excerpt from a record (fingerings, transcription ...) but it should not replace the original recording.
4. If you are interested in having a more detailed, "note by note", breakdown of these transcriptions, or if you have more questions about the theory behind it or about learning guitar in general, I would be happy to answer to all these through skype lessons. Feel free to reach out to me if you want to know more about that.
5. I will try my best to update the content on this page regularly. So if you would like to keep track of the content and keep in touch, you can do so at the following places :
The material below helped me grow as a musician and taught me a great deal about the jazz idiom, the guitar, and music in general, and I hope this will help you too, for your own personal musical growth.
Polka Dots and Moonbeams (Transcription)
George Benson - Rare Recording (Solo Guitar)
Django Reinhardt - Rare Recording (Solo Guitar)
Over the Rainbow (Transcription)
Kenny Burrell - In a Mellow Tone (Solo Guitar)